When President Bill Clinton, in his State of the Union address, says:
“In every place in this country, people are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country.” — when President Clinton says this, he gets a standing ovation and is praised as a great statesman!
When Donald Trump says this, he’s called a racist.
When President Bill Clinton says:
“That’s why our administration is moving aggressively to secure our borders more, by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as before, by cracking down on illegal hiring…and with the budget I present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace…we are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws.” — when President Clinton says this, he’s cheered by Congress and the media applauds his intelligent leadership.
When Donald Trump says this, he’s called a racist.
The video below is all of 90 seconds. It’s all there.
Anyone see the slightest smidgeon of hypocrisy here?
[Minor note: President Clinton calls them “illegal aliens.”]
I’m not a big fan of Senator Ben Sasse, but he gets it right here.
I saw an article indicating Google was skewing results to favor Hillary Clinton. I found it very hard to believe. So I tried it myself.
Today is August 5, 2016 and I did four searches on Google and four identical searches on Bing.
You know how the search engines will “suggest” results for you as you’re typing? Well, I put in Hillary Clinton i (just the letter “i” after Hillary Clinton’s name) and here is what Google suggested:
I then did the same at Bing. Here is what Bing suggested:
Then I typed in Hillary Clinton in (just the letters “in” after her name) and here is what Google suggested:
Bing with same two letters “in” after Hillary Clinton:
Google with the letters “ind” after the name Hillary Clinton:
And just for the hell of it, I typed in the letters “indi” after the name Hillary Clinton and Google provided this:
And yes, as you can imagine, Bing’s didn’t change much with “indi” added after her name:
Wow. Google altering search engine results to favor their desired candidate. The above images are what most folks call: “a smoking gun.”
Try it for yourself. Try different searches.
What an incredible abuse of power. I shouldn’t really use the word “incredible” though, should I?
The part near the end about how to amend our Constitution is fascinating!
This may be old news to some, but for me, it's something that has deeply bothered me about my country, and now new first hand witnesses are coming forward with what I KNEW could've been done.
When I heard what happened in Benghazi, and I heard that it took place over a nine hour stretch AND I realized NO ONE could've known how long the attack on our consulate would go, I realized something was not quite right.
Four Americans, including our Ambassador were killed that night.
So, if it was nine hours long and if no one could really know how long it was going to play out, WHY DIDN'T OUR COUNTRY COME TO THEIR RESCUE? We were told we just didn't have the "assets in place." Refueling ships were not in the area. Blah, blah, blah. We were told a number of things that did NOT add up.
Are you telling me the most powerful military in the world could not have helped in any way whatsoever?
Well, as it turns out, we most certainly could have helped. A new witness has come forward. He was part of a fighter jet squadron that was ordered onto the runway. Hearing him communicate how frustrated and how deeply saddened he was to not be able to save lives, when he was totally in a position to do so is not only heart wrenching, it turns my stomach what politicians were willing to do to win an election.
This witness said he (and his squadrom) were at Aviano air base in northern Italy. He said they could've easily refueled in Sigonella, Italy (near the southern tip) AND they could've been there in 3 hours.
And he said they could've taken out the mortar attack and saved lives.
He was in his plane, fueled and armed. Ready to go. And then told to "stand down."
We're told we had no assets in place. What a friggin' cover up.
Another witness who was part of Delta Special Forces not far from the consulate said THEY could've been there in time to help and most certainly could've gathered intel to help go after the attackers.
Our people were delayed in even getting there AFTER the attack...and the attackers disappeared into the wind. It was days before we even went to the scene.
An election was upon us. A story line from Obama and Clinton and others in the Obama administration was being told to the American people. The story was:
"Al Queda is on the run. We've done it! We are victorious! Keep us in office and we'll keep you safe."
An Al Queda attack on our embassy would've gone right into the teeth of that story and perhaps changed the course of an election.
So, what to do?
Well, lie about what happened. It was just a video. This lie was perpetrated by Susan Rice on five, count them, five different Sunday talk shows. It was perpetrated by Clinton who even told that to the family survivors right fucking next to their coffins. And it was told by Obama on national TV and at the UN.
It took an awful lot of work, but finally written evidence surfaced that they ALL knew it was an attack that had NOTHING to do with a video. AND THEY KNEW IT AT THE TIME OF THE ATTACK!
What to do next?
Lie about whether we could've come to their aid. Cover it up as long as possible so it becomes a footnote or part of an Congressional investigation down the road that very few people will hear about. And from which evidence was withheld and suppressed.
And, this is the most important transgression: they could've helped these people and they chose NOT to. A deliberate intention to let them fend for themselves. And then...
Cover it up. Cover it up.
When leaks come out, threaten the folks who want the truth to get out and then...
Cover it up some more.
That is so, so despicable. Life is lost every day. I know that. But these lives did not have to be sacrificed to win an election. It was a real degrade to what America has stood for in the world and I hope every one connected to this horrible display of gutlessness gets theirs at some point, in some way. Karma can be a bitch even for the elites amongst us who consider their power to be above all inspection and accountability.
Check out this article over at Townhall.com. Townhall quoted the Washington Post in their article:
Council member Jack Evans (D-Ward 2), head of the council’s finance committee, sat in on the meeting Friday morning with Walmart officials and Brian Kenner, Bowser’s deputy mayor for planning and economic development.
Evans said that, behind closed doors, Walmart officials were more frank about the reasons the company was downsizing. He said the company cited the District’s rising minimum wage, now at $11.50 an hour and possibly going to $15 an hour if a proposed ballot measure is successful in November. He also said a proposal for legislation requiring D.C. employers to pay into a fund for family and medical leave for employees, and another effort to require a minimum amount of hours for hourly workers were compounding costs and concerns for the retailer.
“They were saying, ‘How are we going to run the three stores we have, let alone build two more?’ ” Evans said.
It does NOT matter how many times liberal politicians and bureaucrats are hit with REAL LIFE reasons their policies fail…they will continue to push them and push them and push them. And that, unfortunately includes liberal Republicans who love big government, they just feel they know better than Democrats how to run one.
When career politicians and bureaucrats have no experience running a business and making payroll, they just will NOT get how harmful their unending number of regulations are. They sort of get it, they roll it around in their heads for a few minutes here and there, but even if they do get it, they figure it’s all good. It’s all for the common good. And when businesses collapse DIRECTLY due to the onerous regulations, no big deal to them. Just to the families of those associated with the businesses.
I have written four articles previously on what is known as the Tytler Cycle. This is a repeating cycle of events in history that is attributed by most to Scottish historian Alexander Tytler. The quote goes like this:
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
“The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
- From bondage to spiritual faith;
- From spiritual faith to great courage;
- From courage to liberty;
- From liberty to abundance;
- From abundance to complacency;
- From complacency to apathy;
- From apathy to dependence;
- From dependence back into bondage”
I created a graphic to show this:
The Apathy Stage
In my previous articles I commented on what this means to our times and this article will continue in that vein. My opinion at this time is that America is firmly in the apathy stage of this cycle. (It is possible that we are even in the dependence stage.) I don’t mean by that that people are all apathetic about everything in their lives (though some are). I mean that on the subject of their country and their government, they are apathetic.
Here are some points that back up that theory:
- Surveys show that the approval rating for members of Congress is at an all-time low. Yet, in the face of that, in every election, incumbents are overwhelmingly re-elected in high percentages. How could that be? They’re unhappy with their representatives, but they re-elect them. The only explanation is that people are disgusted with the way the government is going, but they just don’t care enough about it to even elect a new candidate, or to study who the opposition candidates are. In other words, they are so apathetic that they just vote for the guy they’ve heard of before, i.e. the incumbent.
- Before the 2012 Presidential election, I naively thought that President Obama didn’t have a chance. Why? Because I had been keeping up with various news items about things that Obama was doing in office, with various scandals such as Benghazi (September 2012), Fast and Furious (2011), Eric Holder being held in contempt of Congress (June 2012), etc. All before the 2012 election mind you. Not to mention the passing of Obamacare in April 2010, (with 100% Democratic votes and zero Republican votes), which was then and still is opposed by a majority of Americans.
Yet Obama was re-elected, which proved several things to me: 1) The information sources that I use to get my news are not used or known about by the vast majority of Americans, 2) most Americans didn’t know about any of these scandals, 3) since these information sources are readily available, apparently most Americans just don’t care enough to become truly informed.
- The mainstream media are in lock-step with the radical liberal element which controls the Democratic Party. Although the mainstream media doesn’t have the lock on the public’s information flow like they did 20-30 years ago, still the majority of Americans get their news from the network TV news stations, from CNN, and from the almost all far-left major daily newspapers like the New York Times and the LA Times. All of these news sources are reeling from reduced readership and viewership, and I believe that is at least partly because they are so liberally biased, and it does not fit with the views of a majority of the population (by survey liberals are and have been less than 25% at every point in the last 50 years). But despite the flagging viewership, the vast majority of Americans still get their news from what Rush Limbaugh calls the drive-by media. And the dominance of the far left mainstream news media distorts every aspect of the political process.
So why do people even tolerate a situation like this? They can closely follow the latest reality TV show, and know what Taylor Swift or the Kardashians are doing, but they don’t care enough to get their news from a balanced source. Again, it is an apathy about the country or the government.
- Have you ever seen those bits on TV where they go out and interview people and ask them basic questions about the US government, or about US history? Like who did the US fight in World War II? Or in what century was the Civil War fought? Or who is the Vice President of the United States? Or can you name any of the Justices on the US Supreme Court? Every time I see some stupid girl in her twenties say “I don’t know,” and laugh, thinking it’s funny, I die inside a little. Now granted, the point of those things is to show how stupid people are, so they’re generally not going to show you the people who could answer every question right. But still, it’s scary that those people can’t answer any of the questions right. Questions that should matter to them.
The Dependence Stage
You could also make a case for the idea that America is now in the dependence stage of the cycle.
Several years ago we learned that 49% of American households were receiving some kind of government welfare assistance. That’s a staggering figure. Nearly half. How can that be a sustaining situation? How can half of the population support the other half, and why should they have to? Of course the financial impact of that situation is lessened somewhat by the insane fact that the government borrows huge sums every year, to pay for all this nonsense. Theoretically all that money will have to be paid back someday, on the backs of just half the population. But irresponsible politicians act as if it will never have to be paid back, like a credit card with no limit, and no minimum payments.
According to the Food Research and Action Center, in March 2015, there were 45.6 million people on food stamps. That represents a 62% increase since 2009, when there were 28.2 million people on food stamps, and a 163% increase since 2001 when Bush took office, when there were 17.3 million.
We keep hearing more and more about people who just don’t ever get a job, because they can live quite well on the public assistance they’re getting. Democrats have even been promoting the idea in the last year that a job is a burden, and it’s unfair that people should have to work.
What Turns the Cycle?
So the next question we might want to look at, is what turns the cycle? What causes it to move from spiritual faith, to courage, to liberty, to abundance, to selfishness, to complacency, to apathy, to dependence, to bondage?
One of things that turns the cycle, is success. In other words, success in creating an abundance. James Quinn, whom I quote in one of my earlier articles on Tytler, thought that the abundance phase of this cycle came to an end around the time Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. So think about the post-World War II generation and period and the abundance that came out of that.
But abundance unfortunately seems to have the effect of making everyone complacent, and making them forget 1) the amount of focus and hard work that it took to create that abundance, and 2) that there was ever a time or set of circumstances where there was NOT an abundance. In other words, people who have seen an abundance in America for their entire lives, don’t think there could ever be a situation where there wasn’t an abundance.
So they do not see hard work as a necessity, they become lazy, and they don’t bother to follow what’s happening in the government with their elected officials. That’s where you get teenage girls being interviewed on the beach who can’t name the century in which the Civil war was fought, or who the two sides were. You wouldn’t have seen that kind of ignorance or carelessness 200 years ago.
In my view, the second thing that turns the cycle, is a group of people who want to be overlords to a populace in bondage.
This comes down to confronting evil. Most people don’t want to, or find it very difficult to confront evil. Some don’t care, and some just want to think happy thoughts. Once, a woman who was a friend of mine on Facebook got mad at me for posting several things in a row on Facebook that she considered negative or “not happy.” I don’t want to infer that most people are like that, but it is difficult for most people to understand and confront the fact that some people are just evil.
I think that there is a group of people who have gotten themselves into the federal government, who want us all in bondage. These are actions that will lead inevitably towards a state of the American public being under the thumb of a dictatorial class:
- Encouraging people to get on public assistance, to the point that they are dependent on the government.
- Taking away guns
- Evolving a situation where political correctness eventually takes away our freedom of speech. The way this is done is to equate disagreement with something as “hate,” then to demonize hate, outlaw “hate speech,” until we reach a point where disagreement is outlawed. This is already happening in other countries, notably in Canada where it is illegal to publicly express disagreement with gay marriage for instance.
- Encouraging racial tension until we get to the point of riots. This then makes such actions as martial law, and federal takeover of all local police in the country, acceptable. If that sounds ridiculous, take a look at the race riots in the last year, and the fact the federal government just took over the police in the DC area. Al Sharpton has called for the nationalization of all the nation’s police forces.
- The crash of the economy in 2008, which according to the book “Crisis by Design” by John Truman Wolfe, was engineered and caused on purpose by a series of actions. The crash caused a massive loss of wealth for individuals worldwide. Obviously if people lose a substantial amount of their wealth, it reduces their freedom.
- Passing Obamacare, so you lose control of your health care and lose choices in whether you get insurance and what type of insurance you get.
I could go on but I think you get the idea, and you can probably think of other examples where we are losing our freedoms bit by bit like the proverbial frog in the boiling pot.
The Fatal Cycle of Democracy
Some call the Tytler cycle the “Fatal Cycle of Democracy,” and some even characterize Tytler as a cynic. That’s probably not much of a stretch.
So what does it all mean. Are we all just heading down the drain?
I won’t lie and say I haven’t been extremely concerned and frustrated about the direction of the country. I think President Obama has accelerated the move towards taking away our freedoms. And you can say that Republicans are a lot better (which they are) but they sure haven’t done much to stop Obama, even with a majority in both houses of Congress.
Here’s what it means: Things don’t look good. It’s vital that we don’t allow a Democrat to be elected to the White House in 2016. But even more basic and fundamental than that, it is vital that we don’t allow ourselves to be apathetic about our government. We have to continue to care. We have to be passionate. We have to make time to do what we can to stop this destruction of our country.
The founding fathers gave us a system of government that was superior to anything ever devised on this planet. And this system has made America the most prosperous country in the history of the world.
But history shows us that the freedoms we have enjoyed in America have been the exception, not the rule, on planet Earth. And unfortunately, the evil, would-be overlords want to take those freedoms away. It’s time to stop trying to figure how these politicians could be so stupid (they’re really not, they know exactly what they’re doing), or so incompetent (they’re not, they are being extremely effective at what they want to do). It’s time to actually see that these people are evil, that they want power over our lives, and they want to take our freedoms away. It’s time to fight them.
By John Eberhard
I am a political conservative. I favor smaller government, lower taxes, am against welfare and against government intrusion into our lives.
I have spent a fair amount of time in my life trying to understand what make liberals tick. It’s been tough and I can’t say I’ve been very successful in understanding liberal thought.
But recently I came across a video that someone posted on Facebook. It received very little fanfare but I think it contained a key to understanding liberal thought. The video was of a guy named Evan Sayet. He is a comedian and comedy writer. So why was I listening to a comedian about politics? Because he had something really profound to say.
Read more »
More behind the scenes on the fraud that is ObamaCare…
Saw this on Facebook and they allow you to embed videos now, so here’s a chuckle at how our great leaders view our Federal debt:
And the majority of this crowd votes Democratic. Hmm.
Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid. If you thought this law was created with any transparency whatsoever, listen to what the architect of the law said. IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.