When the folks who pushed the bill through Congress turned to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to “score” the Obamacare bill, the CBO came back with a statement that the bill would not cause the deficit to increase over 10 years. The folks ramming the bill through were overjoyed and repeated this incredible news all over the land. Far and wide, folks heard that the bill was not only going to make wonderful changes to our health care system, it was economically sound.
Hooray. Hooray. Hooray.
When the very same CBO got hold of Obamacare AFTER it was passed, their prognosis was dramatically different. It foresaw massive new indebtedness.
They had more to tell us.
After the bill was passed, the CBO stated 30 million people would still be UNinsured at the end of 10 years.
THE REASON given for Obamacare:
Insure the uninsured.
How wonderful it was that the CBO had blessed the bill (BEFORE its passage) as also being economically sound.
When the ACTUAL passed legislation was scored by the CBO and they found it would be economically a disaster AND that it would still leave 30,000,000 people uninsured, did those who rammed the bill through proclaim this new information to all throughout the land?
We know the answer to that.
Sarcasm aside, the depth of dishonesty, deception and corruption that created this bill is causing serious problems:
– for people losing their health care
– for people losing their doctor
– for people no longer being able to go to the hospital they prefer
– for employers who are reducing the hours of employees to create part-timers (who they do not have to insure)
– for employers who are now hiring fewer people than they intended to hire to offset the much higher premiums they now must pay OR to not hit the 50 full time employee plateau where they are forced to pay for health care
– for people who now have health care that is MUCH more than they can afford
– for doctors who are now choosing to get out of the networks that Obamacare included
– for doctors who are now choosing to retire early
– for students who are now changing their majors from medicine to ________ (fill in the blank as you like)
The above is just the tip of the iceberg. We are just finding out how Obamacare is adversely affecting how we chose to live our lives for many generations.
Next year at this time, there won’t be a mere 5-10 million people experiencing these problems. It will be in the tens of millions, possibly over a 100 million.
For those of you who believe the above is false reasoning and based only on anecdotal evidence, I hear you. And I understand you. Come and let’s talk next year at this time…
When Obamacare was being “debated” in Congress all the way through to now, there never was a majority of Americans who wanted it. That’s okay, the folks who created this overhaul of our health care system know better than us.
Now that Obamacare is here and making its way through our society, the percentage of those opposed to it is going higher and higher.
But there’s one segment of society that has THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE of dissatisfaction with the bill.
Can you guess who that might be?